Sunday, February 22, 2009

Intolerance...

Hey everyone, sorry it has been so long...  As I write my two children are creating havoc around me...  ahhhh, kids...  They make life so much more interesting!  

Speaking of kids, I received some surprising information about my son recently.  He is an energetic three year old who always seems to be wiping his nose on his sleeve - seriously, the snot never seems to go away.  Recently he has also been suffering from some rashes.  WE went to our naturopath and did a blood test to look for food allergies.  Guess what the results were? He has an intolerance to fish, FRUIT, and the combination of dairy and grains.  

Yes, you read that right, FRUIT.  All fruit.  Well, all fruit with the exception of melons.  So just in case anyone was wondering about my commitment to seeing this market project through, that commitment level just went through the roof.  I mean, it is nearly impossible to find foods with no fruit in it - citric acid?  Fruit. Ascorbic acid?  Fruit.  Olive oil?  Olives are fruit. Fructose and date sugar?  Fruit.  Can I have all the Moms out there with kids who have food allergies give me a woo-woo?  I have joined the club...

So what does this mean for the market?  Well, it might mean that I am going to have to find a source for melons in January...  Ultimately what it means is that I will be even more diligent with my product purchasing.  Obviously, some of the products wont be purchased with my families needs in mind, but those of you suffering from food intolerances and allergies should know that your needs will be met.

That being said, if anyone would like to share some brands you have found that meet the needs of the food allergy group, please let me know.  This market is for us all, the more I know about what you want, the better a place it will be.

Until next time,
Smiles,
Casey


1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you, Casey. We've got food allergies here: eggs, dairy, peanuts and ALL nuts. I'm not a meat eater myself, but I'm having to make meat for the kids to eat so they can get enough protein since some BIG options are wiped out with the allergies. Sorry to hear that you have to contend with food allergies, too. They aren't fun, but now you are armed with information for how to help keep your kiddo healthy, so things will be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete