Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fear Not

"If uncertainty is unacceptable to you, it turns into fear, if it is perfectly acceptable, it turns into increased aliveness, alertness and creativity."  - From Eckhart Tolle's,  A New Earth

I love this quote!!!  These words run so true to me.  Right now our economy is purging itself of unhealthy practices.   Unfortunately for some of us, we are being effected by it.  I refuse to be afraid.  Instead I live on, with excitement at the prospect of a system that will lift us all and provide opportunity to live a better life.

When sharing my plans for the market, I have said to some, "you know, with this economy, it's a great time to open a new business!"  I usually laugh after I say this.  But really, it is a great time for a new business, especially this business.  I see the market at a small scale example of the kind of business that our new economy needs to thrive.  We will be bringing a high quality product from local vendors to the community.  Could you imagine how healthy our country would be if everyone was involved in providing goods and services to their own community?  Not only that, but if we allowed other countries to do the same???  Check out www.postcarbon.org for some great info on this...

My business class is really clarifying how I can be a success and validating my belief that the market is a business that can succeed.  My strength lies in networking and enthusiasm...  I am thinking I will put together an advisory board to keep me in check and to share knowledge on how to keep the market heading in the direction of my vision.  I am also heading to the Natural Product Expo West in Anaheim, Ca to further explore what is out there for us. Please, please give me feedback.  I am depending on my communication with all of you to make this market a place that you want to shop!

And for those of you who are allowing the state of the economy give you fear, FEAR NOT, our best days are still ahead!

In Peace - Casey


No comments:

Post a Comment